poi-user mailing list archives

From "Siwicki, Grace" <grace.siwi...@credit-suisse.com>
Subject RE: Unable to display workbook in JSP
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2007 23:40:03 GMT
Well I got it to work.  I had to remove the newline between the <%@ page import %> and
<% HSSF code ...  %>.
So my code looks like this:

<%@ page import="org.apache.poi.poifs.filesystem.*,
		 org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.*,
		 java.io.*,
		 java.util.*"
%><%
try {
    //FileOutputStream out1 = new FileOutputStream("/tmp/gracework.xls");
    HSSFWorkbook wb = new HSSFWorkbook();
    HSSFSheet s = wb.createSheet();
    HSSFRow r = null;
    HSSFCell c = null;
//    HSSFCellStyle cs = wb.createCellStyle();
//    HSSFDataFormat df = wb.createDataFormat();
    wb.setSheetName(0, "one");

    for (int rownum=0; rownum<4; rownum++) {
	r = s.createRow(rownum);
	for (short cellnum=0; cellnum<5; cellnum++) {
	    c = r.createCell(cellnum);
	    c.setCellValue(cellnum);
  	}
    }
    //response.setContentType("application/octet-stream");
    response.setContentType("application/vnd.ms-excel");
    //response.setContentType("application/binary");
    response.setHeader("Content-Disposition", "attachment; filename=monk.xls");
    ServletOutputStream o = response.getOutputStream();
    wb.write(o);
    o.close();
//wb.write(out1);
//o.flush();