poi-user mailing list archives

From jaikiran pai <jai_forums2...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re: OutOfMemory - POI
Date Mon, 19 Feb 2007 22:24:52 GMT
25K rows is not huge. I have been using HSSF for larger data without any issues. What's the
JVM heap size that you have currently?

regards,
-Jaikiran

----- Original Message ----
From: "Joshi, Shailesh" <shailesh.joshi@credit-suisse.com>
To: poi-user@jakarta.apache.org
Sent: Monday, 19 February, 2007 2:23:37 PM
Subject: OutOfMemory - POI

Hi,
I'm using POI to download excel file with around 25K rows and around 90 columns, but its throwing
OutOfMemory error at certain point. What should be the JVM heap size for such a large file
to download from server. I am using POI 3.0. Is there something where we can write data chunk-by-chunk
so that it will consume less memory? any tricks n tips for this issue?

cheers
Joe

http://in.answers.yahoo.com/