poi-user mailing list archives

From "Sanjiv Jivan" <sanjiv.ji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: spreadsheet with form elements getting corrupt with poi 3.0
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2007 16:13:00 GMT
Great, the issue seems to be fixed as the spreadsheet is generating fine
with the latest nightly build. I'm now going to profile and compare the
2.5.1 and 3.0 versions with my app that generates a decent size spreadsheet
( 6000 rows, 15 columns).

Any insight on what performance improvements were made from 2.5.1 to 3.0?
Can we expect a lower memory footprint or any leak fixes? To me CPU time
during excel generation is not as important as the memory footprint. As I
explained in a previous mail, we need to be able to handle several
concurrent downloads of generated spreadsheets ( 6K rows) and if the memory
footprint of each generation is ~ 300 MB (which is close to what I was
observing) , this limits the number of concurrent downloads to 4 or 5 which
isnt very scalable.

I have added queued execution of excel generation to control the maximum
number of concurrent downloads, but I still would like to see a lower memory
footprint / leak fixes with 3.0.

Thanks,
Sanjiv