poi-user mailing list archives

From Leila Homaeian <le...@cs.ualberta.ca>
Subject Extract pure text from MS Word documents
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2007 21:12:58 GMT
Hello,

I am using the org.apache.poi.hwpf.extractor.WordExtractor class to
extract the text from MS Word documents. The problem is that the output
includes not only the text of interest, but also some keywords indicating
the text format, e.g. TOC, HYPERLINK, REF, etc. Is there anyway to
recognize and exclude these keywords?

I used the getIstd() function from org.apache.poi.hwpf.model.PAPX to
access the sti codes of individual paragraphs. However, I did not find a
similar class or function that can be applied to individual words.

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards,
Leila