poi-user mailing list archives

From "Julien Bittard" <julien.bitt...@unilog.logicacmg.com>
Subject RE: Numeric Cell Types.
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2007 08:53:17 GMT
Hello

The type 2 is CELL_TYPE_FORMULA, and when you make getNumericCellValue on
this cell, it returns the result of formula :

if(cellType == CELL_TYPE_FORMULA)
    {
        return
((FormulaRecordAggregate)record).getFormulaRecord().getValue();
}

-----Message d'origine-----
De : jeroen.dijkmeijer@mail.ing.nl
[mailto:jeroen.dijkmeijer@mail.ing.nl]
Envoye : ven. 12 janvier 2007 09:40
A : poi-user@jakarta.apache.org
Objet : Numeric Cell Types.

Hi
I'm wondering.. Am i doing something stupid here or is my poi build
(poi-2.5.1-final-20040804.jar) broken?
It looks very basic, the behavior is unexpected, the lib is over 2 years
old now and I havent found any claims on the internet normally making me
very suspicious of my own qualities.

I've got a cell which does contain a numeric.
But doing cel.getCellType() does not give me a
HSSFCell.CELL_TYPE_NUMERIC (0) but  2.

if (cel.getCellType() != HSSFCell.CELL_TYPE_STRING) {
	logger.debug(ConverterUtils.getLogMessage(
		ConverterUtils.VERSION, methodName, "numeric cell[" + i
+ ", "+ j + "]'" + cel.getCellType() + ": " + cel.getNumericCellValue()
+ "' numeric" + HSSFCell.CELL_TYPE_NUMERIC));
}						}
numeric cell[25, 9]'2: 74732.3854606001' numeric0
Any feedback would be appreciated.
Regards,
Jeroen

ATTENTION:
The information in this electronic mail message is private and
confidential, and only intended for the addressee. Should you
receive this message by mistake, you are hereby notified that
any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or use of this
message is strictly prohibited. Please inform the sender by
reply transmission and delete the message without copying or
opening it.

Messages and attachments are scanned for all viruses known.
If this message contains password-protected attachments, the
files have NOT been scanned for viruses by the ING mail domain.

and inform the sender. Thank you.