poi-user mailing list archives

From <Mike.Hal...@innovations.de>
Subject RE: How to use POI (Newbie)
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2007 14:27:59 GMT
1) Try any other mirror and look in the "dev" subfolder instead of the
"release" subfolder.
2) Did you close the FileOutputStream as described in the text above the
code sample?

--
Mike Haller
Innovations

-----Original Message-----
From: Rohilla, Vishal [mailto:vishal.rohilla@compuware.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2007 3:24 PM
To: POI Users List
Subject: RE: How to use POI (Newbie)

When I go to download the jars at Jakarta POI site at the following URL:
-

http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/jakarta/poi/

I am not able to find poi-bin-3.0-alpha3-20061212 version. The version I
get is is

poi-bin-2.5.1-final-20040804.zip

In the sample code I tried to run the code to export the data to the
spreadsheet. The code is at the the following URL: -
http://jakarta.apache.org/poi/hssf/how-to.html in the heading  'User
API'  sub heading - 'Writing a new one'

It didn't through any error but also didn't create or open the new
spreadsheet.

Could you please throw some light about how should one proceed to use
HSSF to export data to excel spreadsheet?

Vishal