poi-user mailing list archives

From David Fisher <dfis...@jmlafferty.com>
Subject Re: HSSF - Generating large spreadsheets in streaming manner?
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2007 20:55:41 GMT
Accept state and follow Michael's suggestion (which is how we do it
with our dynamic PPT, XLS and PDF) is to build the file and then
serve the file's bytes. While the content is creating we show a
progress with a continue working button, if that is clicked then we
have a menu bar spot that tracks the progress and when the build
thread has completed if the progress is still going the download
proceeds automatically, if they have continued working then the menu
bar updates to let them the document is ready and they can select it
for download at their leisure.