poi-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@buni.org>
Subject Re: Autosizing question:
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2007 14:20:34 GMT
Its actually more compounded than that.  You can basically do this with
Java's AWT Font/FontMetrics classes but the sizes are incompatible with
Windows fonts (let alone Mac et al).  Someone has to record the data for
Windows fonts and or an API that reads the font files and calculates them.

-Andy

Avik Sengupta wrote:
>> Since VBA have this function to autosize
>>
>>> columns, I wonder if POI have
>>>

> POI is not, and was never meant to be, a replacement for VBA. Its a file
> format reader/writer. To do autosizing, one needs a fontmetrics
> implementation. We're yet find one that is useful and easy enuf to use.
>
> However, as a frequently requested feature, its a ripe oppurtunity for
> contribution :)
>
> Regards
> -
> Avik
>
> On Wednesday 24 January 2007 17:36, Adelbert Groebbens wrote:
>
>>> Autosizing question:
>>>
>>> Hello, is there a way to autosize the specified column
>>> in POI? Since VBA have this function to autosize
>>> columns, I wonder if POI have, if not, I have to
>>> setsize for each column, I think it would waste a lot
>>> of resource right? Thanks
>>>
>> I'm facing the same problem.
>>
>> Did you find a solution?
>>
>> Bret Hart <im2heat <at> yahoo.com> writes:

No PST Files Ever Again
Buni Meldware Communication Suite
Email, Calendaring, ease of configuration/administration
http://buni.org