poi-user mailing list archives

From Avik Sengupta <avik.sengu...@itellix.com>
Subject Re: POI Source code carrying a virus
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2007 13:18:30 GMT
Well yeah, it seems "Bloodhound.Exploit.59" is billed as a 'heuristic
detection for Windows Media Player vulnerabilty" ... so its not a case of a
known virus signature, but some 'smart' symantec heuristic that is going
overboard. Someone should probably notify Symantec.. .

Clamav, not being so intelligent, does not have any issues with the files.

Regards
-
Avik