poi-user mailing list archives

From "Kainer, Katy" <Katy.Kai...@flatironssolutions.com>
Subject Using POI to read/modify OLE links?
Date Tue, 23 Jan 2007 00:34:41 GMT
Hello -

I'm working on a java application that needs to read in a Word, Excel,
or Power Point file, scan the document for OLE links, and if found,
modify those links.  I've been told that POI might be a possible
solution, but I'm having trouble getting the information that I need
from the javadocs and examples.  I've tried a simple case of just
reading and writing a document that contains OLE links using HSSF and
HWPF, but the links are not being preserved.  I was able to successfully
preserve the links using POIFS, but am not sure how (or if it is even
possible) to identify the links within a file using POIFS.

Does anyone know how to use POI to read/modify OLE links?  If not, does
anyone know of any other products that might provide a solution?

Many thanks for your help!

Katy

Katy.Kainer@flatironssolutions.com