poi-user mailing list archives

From "Bryan Liu" <ljh...@gmail.com>
Subject Big trouble about the cell format when reading the excel file
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2006 10:46:03 GMT
Hi,

I have a big trouble about the excel cell's format.
In my project, I readed the data from the excel file. For one column, it
supposed to be String format and I alse set the format as text in the Excel.
But in some  cells in this column, all the character is number(like this
"51231341"). When I read them in the java code, the poi read these data as
double, and if I transfer them in to string, it will show as this "
5.1231341E7". This is not the data I want.
Thought I have resolved this problem by reformat this kind of stupid String.
By I'd like to know if I can read the data follow the Excel's format or I
can specify the format that I want when read the data from file.

Dose the POI have this kind of feature.
Thanks

--

Regards!