poi-user mailing list archives

From "Gascoigne Thomas" <gasco...@AXXIA.com>
Subject RE: How to print excel files automatically
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 11:03:46 GMT
Can't you also use open office on windows?

-----Original Message-----
From: David Fisher [mailto:dfisher@jmlafferty.com]
Sent: 12 September 2006 12:00
To: POI Users List
Subject: Re: How to print excel files automatically

Kruce,

http://j-integra.intrinsyc.com/

Before we switched to using POI for creation we used this package to
script the creation of image only PPT by driving PowerPoint via COM.
It cost $5000 per server 3 years ago.

You might also look into openoffice.org if you are not on a windows
machine.

Regards,
Dave

On Sep 12, 2006, at 2:43 AM, Anthony Andrews wrote:

> As far as I am aware (and bear in mind that I could very well be
> wrong) HSSF is an API that allows you to generate Excel
> spreadsheets and does not have any support for printing. I managed
> to get around exactly the same problem by using OLE but this is a
> far from perfect solution as it caused almost as many problems as
> it solved; it is however one possible solution.
>
> I know there is a tool that someone wrote that is a wrapper around
> JNI, making it far more easy to use external applications in a way
> that mimics Microsoft's COM model. I cannot remember the name at
> the moment but will have a dig around on my PC as I seem to
> remember testing it sometime in the past.
>
> kruce lee <llpinoracle@gmail.com> wrote: Hi everybody
> How to print a excel file automatically when I get the file path or
> resource.
> Can someone give me a snippet.
> Any help would be highly appreciated
> kruce.

The information in this e-mail and any attachment is confidential. It is intended only for
the named recipient(s). If you are not a named recipient please notify the sender immediately
and do not disclose the contents to another person or take copies. Although Axxia Systems
has taken every reasonable precaution to ensure that any attachment to this e-mail has been
checked for viruses,it is strongly recommended that you carry out your own virus check before
opening any attachment, as we cannot accept liability for any damage sustained as a result
of software virus infection. Axxia Systems reserves the right and senders of messages shall
be taken to consent to the monitoring and recording of e-mails addressed to axxia.com.