poi-user mailing list archives

From "Philippe DesRosiers" <philippe.desrosi...@gmail.com>
Subject Handling very large Excel files with HSSF?
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2006 16:03:42 GMT
I'm trying to open a very LARGE excel file (around 45 thousand rows, but
only seven or eight columns), but HSSF seems to hang during the creation of
the HSSFWorkbook. Here's some code:

<snip>
            content = new FileInputStream(myFile);
            POIFSFileSystem fs = new POIFSFileSystem(content);
            HSSFWorkbook workbook = new HSSFWorkbook(fs);      //code hangs
on this line.
</snip>

Does anyone have any ideas? Does HSSF just not support large files? What is
the largest file size supported? Can I enable logging in HSSF to get more
information?

thanks,