poi-user mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@torchbox.com>
Subject Re: Get text from a URL pointing to a ppt file
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 11:03:30 GMT
On Thu, 10 Aug 2006, Leila Homaeian wrote:
> I am trying to use SlideShow.getSlides() to get slides from a URL
> pointing to a powerpoint file. The problem is that I am not getting the
> slides in the correct order. However, if I download the ppt file and run
> the same program, The order of the slides is much closer to the real
> order, i.e. at least I get the first few slides in order (and this is
> what I need). Any idea how I can fix the problem?

That sounds very odd. I'd try using your URL fetching code to just stream
the data to disk, and check from that. Does the data streamed to disk
differ from when you download via your web browser?

Also, are you using a recent SVN checkout of HSLF? There were some patches
from Yegor committed fairly recently that should've improved the slide
ordering detection

Nick