poi-user mailing list archives

From "Giuliano Pasqualotto" <giuliano.pasqualo...@gmail.com>
Subject HSLFSlideShow and NegativeArraySizeException
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 18:55:04 GMT
Hi,
I'm using HSLF to find a keyword in a SlideShows text, but I get an
exception when I try to create an istance of HSLFSlideShow with:

SlideShow slideShow = new SlideShow(new HSLFSlideShow(fileName));

That's the exception:

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.RuntimeException: Couldn't
instantiate
the class for type with id 1016 on class class
org.apache.poi.hslf.record.DummyPositionSensitiveRecordWithChildren :
Cause was : java.lang.RuntimeException: Couldn't instantiate the class for
type
with id 1036 on class class org.apache.poi.hslf.record.PPDrawing :
Cause was : java.lang.NegativeArraySizeException
       at org.apache.poi.hslf.record.Record.createRecordForType(Record.java
:168)
       at org.apache.poi.hslf.record.Record.findChildRecords (Record.java
:108)
       at org.apache.poi.hslf.HSLFSlideShow.readFIB(HSLFSlideShow.java:185)
       at org.apache.poi.hslf.HSLFSlideShow.<init>(HSLFSlideShow.java:101)
       at org.apache.poi.hslf.HSLFSlideShow .<init>(HSLFSlideShow.java:84)
       at org.apache.poi.hslf.HSLFSlideShow.<init>(HSLFSlideShow.java:71)
       at pptSearch.SlideSearch.searchString(SlideSearch.java:81)

I'm using poi-scratchpad-3.0-alpha2-20060811.jar and
poi-3.0-alpha2-20060811.jar; the ppt files are ok.
What am I doing wrong? :(
Thanks!

Giuliano