poi-user mailing list archives

From demi <findd...@gmail.com>
Subject Protecting ONLY an array of Cells in a Worksheet.
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2006 11:46:05 GMT

Hello World,

I have a multi-tab workbook, which I generate using
POI. For one of those worksheets in this workbook, I need to
protect
1.The data that I generate in the 2nd column (all rows).
2.The data that I generate on the 5th Row (across 50 columns).

When I say protect, I mean once the sheet is created, no one should be
able to "change" the data in those protected cells. I am referring to the
following feature of MS-Excel [ Tools -> Protection ->Allow Users to Edit
Ranges...]

Pls. Let me know if this is possible. If not, what is an alternative. I
have tried to use xls template (copying from existing workbook) to
generate my workbooks.. but that won't help me in this situation since the
data generated in those protected cells will be at runtime.

Thanks & Regards,
Demi.
Sent from the POI - User forum at Nabble.com.