poi-user mailing list archives

From St├ęphane Conversy <conve...@cena.fr>
Subject non {png,jpg} images
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 08:37:21 GMT
Hi,

when designing a ppt presentation on macosx, the resulting ppt may embed
TIFF or PICT images that can't be displayed on windows or linux with OOo.
I was trying to develop a small app that would translate any TIFF file
in a ppt to a png file.
I know that hslf only handles png and jpg so far, but using the examples
code I managed to save other picture data to see if I can recognize the
format.
Unfortunately, I couldn't.

Do you know what this format is ? If we can translate a TIFF image to a
png, would it suffice to replace it in the in-memory array of pictures
and save the document ?

thanks, and best regards.

stephane

PS: I uploaded an exemple of a ppt file, with two images, one PNG, one
PICT, that can't be displayed in windows (either red-cross or something
that says that you need quicktime, or a blacksquare).

http://www.tls.cena.fr/tmp/blacksquare.ppt