poi-user mailing list archives

From Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>
Subject Re: non {png,jpg} images
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 11:51:50 GMT
Hi,

Supported image formats in PPT are: EMF, WMF, PICT, JPEG, PNG and DIB.

If you insert pictures in other formats PPT may convert them, for
example, into JPEG or PNG and store the converted data. I confirmed
that on Windows BMP is converted into PNG.

Could you send your PPT with TIFF? I would like to examine it.

PNG and JPEG images are organized in a similar way: 25 byte header +
raw image data. Probably this rule breaks for other formats. Probably there are some "features"
with ppts
created on MAC. You never know it with PowerPoint :)

Regards, Yegor