poi-user mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@torchbox.com>
Subject Re: PPT Pictures
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2006 14:07:09 GMT
On Tue, 4 Jul 2006, mr.jonze wrote:
> I'd like to report an error that i found while using POI. I was
> retrieving the pictures from a ppt file and saving each one in a file
> and it was working ok, but i deleted one of the pictures of the
> PowerPoint file and POI was still saving it in a file. Then I realized
> that it happens when the source file of the picture is NOT a .PNG file.
> In this case, it happened with a .BMP and a .JPG file.

Are you getting the pictures from HSLFSlideShow, or from individual
slides?

Quite often, powerpoint will leave behind old records when you do a save.
So, it's not impossible that when you "delete" some images, all that'll
happen is the slide -> picture reference is deleted. The pictures could
well remain in the pictures stream until powerpoint feels like doing a
full resave

As Yegor said, if you could upload the problem PPT file, and your code to
bugzilla, that'll help us look into it

Nick