poi-user mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@torchbox.com>
Subject Re: DOC Picture
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2006 17:58:53 GMT
On Mon, 3 Jul 2006, Saulo Passos wrote:
> I am using method CharacterRun.getPicOffset(). This method returns a
> integer, but I do not know what this means.

That'll be a byte offset to the picture, stored somewhere else.

I don't know about word, but in powerpoint, there's another POIFS stream
containing the pictures. If your file has one of those, then I suspect the
offset will be within that. There might be some header on the front of it,
best experiment with a known small image and look for the data in the
dump.

I hope that's a useful starting point for you. Do please report back with
your results :)

Nick