poi-user mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@torchbox.com>
Subject Re: PowerPoint extractor
Date Sun, 02 Jul 2006 16:22:44 GMT
On Tue, 27 Jun 2006, Suba Suresh wrote:
> Thank you for all the pointers.  It is a great help. I used today's
> build. It worked fine for WordDocument. I did not try the meta data yet.
> For PowerPoint I am getting the following for powerpoint extractor just
> for one file. Am I doing anything wrong? I did'nt change my code.

These errors should now have gone. Can you try a new svn checkout /
tomorrow's SVN build?

> Also since some the excel files were not 97-2002 format I used the
> POIFSFilesystem and read it as a bytestream and stored as text string. I
> hope that is fine.

If you have some code for getting some basic text out of Excel 95 files,
we'd be interested in hosting it. I'm sure that something that outputs
text that can be fed to lucene would be useful for a lot of people, even
if that's all the excel 95 support we have.

Nick