poi-user mailing list archives

From "Erez Eisenstein" ...@axismobile.com>
Subject RE: _getRawParagraphStyle(), _getRawCharacterStyle()
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 13:22:11 GMT
What does the "Size" attribute of the TextProp means?

Same question for "Mask" and "WriteMask"?

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Nick Burch [mailto:nick@torchbox.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 1:53 PM
To: POI Users List
Subject: Re: _getRawParagraphStyle(), _getRawCharacterStyle()

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006, Erez Eisenstein wrote:
> RichTextRun class has _getRawParagraphStyle() and
> _getRawCharacterStyle() methods, that I am using to extract a
LinkedList
> of TextProp instances.

For each text styling applied to the characters, or their paragraph,
there
will be an entry in the appropriate linked list.

So, if you had a block of text that was bold, and increased line
spacing,
then your paragraph styles would have one text prop (line spacing, value

of the line spacing), and your character styles would have one text prop

(char flags, which would have the bold flag set)

> How do I use the TextProp instance to make out the bullets and
numbering
> of several lines of text? Where can I find documentation that explains

> what these properties mean?

Just print out the names of all TextProps you have, and see what they
are.
I'm not sure which (if any) might be used for numbering and bullets, but
suspect they'll be there if anywhere

For documentation, have a look at the StyleTextPropAtom section of
  http://jakarta.apache.org/poi/hslf/ppt-file-format.html
That contains pretty much all we know about how it all works. A list of
all the TextProps (we know of!) can be found in StyleTextPropAtom.java

Nick