poi-user mailing list archives

From "Nidhi Tuli" <nt...@paymentone.com>
Subject RE: problem evaluating reference to another sheet
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 20:42:46 GMT

For me the following code works fine.

CellReference toRef = new CellReference(1,"colName1");
CellReference fromRef = new CellReference(2,"colName2");

String formula =
"SUM(\'"+fromSheetname+"\'!"+toRef.toString()+":"+fromRef.toString()+")"
;

This code generated formula resulted in =SUM('Report'!B11:B11) where
'Report' is the name of the sheet.

Hope this helps
Nidhi

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Kays [mailto:Jeff.Kays@onvoy.com]
Sent: Friday, July 07, 2006 1:35 PM
To: POI Users List
Subject: RE: problem evaluating reference to another sheet

Sumit, thanks for the idea. The sheet I was referencing did have a space
in it. So I renamed the sheet to remove the space. Now, it seems to be
ignoring the sheet reference and reading cells on the current sheet.

So I should only need the one HSSFFormulaEvaluator instance, set with
the current page? I can create a small test example if that would help.
Thanks!

  jeff