poi-user mailing list archives

From BirendarSingh Waldiya <bwald...@cisco.com>
Subject RE: faq on the POI
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2006 06:22:05 GMT
POI dosent support  Excel5.0/95   this is mention in the jakarta POI site
clearly

Thanks & Regards
Birendar S Waldiya

-----Original Message-----
From: Anupindi Shankar [mailto:ANUPINDI.SHANKAR@ORACLE.COM]
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2006 11:46 AM
To: POI Users List
Cc: avik.sengupta@itellix.com
Subject: Re: faq on the POI

Hi Avik,
            I tried reading Excel5.0/95 using POI APIs but it failed.

            Exception in thread "main" java.io.FileNotFoundException: no
such
            entry: "Workbook" at

org.apache.poi.poifs.filesystem.DirectoryNode.getEntry(DirectoryNode.
            java:245)at

org.apache.poi.poifs.filesystem.POIFSFileSystem.createDocumentInputSt
            ream(POIFSFileSystem.java:322)at

org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFWorkbook.<init>(HSSFWorkbook.java:1
            57)at

org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFWorkbook.<init>(HSSFWorkbook.java:1
            30)
            at Excel97Read.main(Excel97Read.java:41)

           Does this mean that POI doesn't support Excel5.0/95.
Regards
Ravi

Two golden Rules to Follow: Forget and Forgive