poi-user mailing list archives

From Igor Androsov <iandro...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: I need your help(About POI)
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2006 12:07:20 GMT
Bao
I can assume that you need to convert data from MS XLS
file in some form to PDF for view document.
POI deos not have direct API to do this. POI is built
to access data in xls file from Java porgram or build
new files.

To do what you need you ahve to use another PDF
library together with POI. REad your excel data using
POI format it in  Java and then output using PDF
libarary API to create PDF file.

There are number of comercial PDF packages and also
some open source PDF libraries dependiung on your
skills and project you can select PDF library.

The only free PDF library I am familiar with and used
in past for similar transformations is iText.
http://www.lowagie.com/iText

Igor