poi-user mailing list archives

From Ramesh Kakarala <rameshkakar...@yahoo.com>
Subject How To Get POI JAR With Patches
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2006 03:20:07 GMT
Does anyone know how I can get the latest official Apache POI version 2 JAR
with all approved patches.  We recently ran into a bug at work with version
2.5.1 where it throws an Exception when attempting to open an Excel
spreadsheet with a Drop Down List.  I see that this Bug is in the Bug database
for the project and a Patch is referenced.  I tried some of the suggested
changes in the Bug thread and they seem to work.  However for work purposes I
could really use the latest blessed Apache v2.5.1 JAR that incorporates this
and other accepted patches.  But this is proving impossible to find.  Sounds
strange to me - wouldn't someone on the project build a JAR with the latest
patches and put it out there - doesn't sound that difficult.  Does anyone know
what's up with this project.  I would kind of like to switch to JExcel which
seems to have a much more active leader, but Apache POI is currently approved
for use in my company and this can be an arduous, senseless, bureaucratic
process.