poi-user mailing list archives

From "Julien Bittard" <julien.bitt...@unilog.logicacmg.com>
Subject RE: Troubleshooting with number format
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2006 14:06:56 GMT
Yes I know, and I find my mistake : I use the POI 1.5.1, and with the the
version 2.5, I don't have the problem.

Thanks for your response.

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Natu, Ashlesha [IT] [mailto:ashlesha.natu@citigroup.com]
Envoyé : ven. 2 juin 2006 15:50
À : POI Users List; julien.bittard@unilog.logicacmg.com
Objet : RE: Troubleshooting with number format

Julien,

I am not quite sure what you are trying to do. But when you write a numeric
value to an excel sheet, you have to set its type explicitly like:

HSFCell cell = row.createCell((short)0);
cell.setCellType(HSSFCell.CELL_TYPE_NUMERIC);

When you read it use:

HSSFCell c0 = r0.getCell((short)0);
int i = c0.getNumericCellValue();

regards,