poi-user mailing list archives

From "Koller Krisztian" <krisztian.kol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: hssf -> long running Garbage Collector
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2006 11:24:15 GMT
Hi,

Thanks.

We had the following jvm parameters:

-Xms50m -Xmx512m

I have logged the free memory size after every new row creation in the excel
sheet.
It runs very fast until we have enough free memory (and the whole
application is ok too).
But after we run out of the free memory something is happening (i think the
jvm runs the gc)
and the whole application is unavailable for 2-3 minutes.

The excel file is about 3-4 Mb.

Regards,
Krisztian