poi-user mailing list archives

From "Tahir Akhtar" <ta...@spectrum-tech.com>
Subject RE: How To Get POI JAR With Patches
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2006 10:24:33 GMT
Thanks for the info Nick.

What it the current recommended stable version? Latest release is 2.5.1
which is quiet ancient. OTH Current dev version 3.0 seems to in alpha for
quiet a long time.

Are people using 3.0 alpha in production?
Is there a planned release date for 3.0?

We are doing quiet a lot with 2.5.1 so don't feel confident in rolling out
3.0 "alpha" to all of our clients. The word alpha puts the management off :)

Any hints on its stability may help us decide.

In essence we need some formula related fixes that are available in Bugzilla
as patches.

-----Original Message-----
From: Nick Burch [mailto:nick@torchbox.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2006 3:07 PM
To: POI Users List
Subject: RE: How To Get POI JAR With Patches

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006, Tahir Akhtar wrote:
> I think Ramesh needs 2.5.1 branch with all the patches. I am interested
> in this too. Anyone?

Ah, but which patches would you want for 2.5.1, that wouldn't basically
leave you with 3.0?

I think the main reason there isn't a 2.5.2 is because there isn't just "1
or 2 patches" that you might want. There have been quite a lot of updates
since then, so I don't think there are an obvious set of patches that
would be 2.5.2. Instead, we're all working on 3.0.

Nick