poi-user mailing list archives

From "Karsten Voges" <karsten.vo...@jato-consulting.de>
Subject AW: missing borders in a merged region
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2006 08:08:06 GMT
For a easier handling of merged regions have a look at the poi-contrib.jar
HtH,
Karsten.

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: EAstiz@helvetiaprevision.com [mailto:EAstiz@helvetiaprevision.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 29. Juni 2006 09:58
An: poi-user@jakarta.apache.org
Betreff: missing borders in a merged region

Hello,

I am new to the mailing list, so apologizes in advance in case this question
has already being made.
My question (or just a commnet, hopefuly not too anoying) is about creating
merged regions using the HSSF package to generate "excel"
spreadsheet files. In case I want to set borders to that merged region, as
long as I know, I must set borders to all the cells that lie "behind" the
merged region instead of setting it directly to the merged region.

If there is not any direct way to do this, it is somewhat weird behavior,
since in openoffice calc application it can be done directly.

Let me make a second question. Is there any way to autofit the column width?

Thanks in advance  and congratulations for the POI library, I am very
satisfied with it.

Eguzki Astiz Lezaun
Helvetia Prevision
Software engineer