poi-user mailing list archives

From birendar.wald...@tcs.com
Subject Major Problem With POI Excel reader: Urgent Help Needed
Date Fri, 05 May 2006 10:10:15 GMT
Hi ,
I am using POI API for reading data from an excel file , which is advance
version of the API that read data from text file, to increase the character
bandwidth ie to support special charater . However the POI api are not
reading  special character properly. On unix they behave differently and on
windows they behave dirrerently.
However my text file parser is supporting more special character them my
excel reader.
I am facing problem with the character "Š, š, Ž, ž" whcih are read well and
inserted into databse well. But in  poi apis it fail to read them properly.
On windows they are read different them unix.

If any one has ever face such problem please help me, I have posting my
probwelm to this forum frequently for last few days but this seems to be
dead forum.
Can anyone tell me from where exactly I can get the POI jar latest  and
what is the lates version of it ?
The site is so old .

Please help
Thanks