poi-user mailing list archives

From "Esher, Marc \(4-7260\)" <Marc_Es...@adp.com>
Subject any way to get the string representing the visual cell?
Date Mon, 08 May 2006 14:34:56 GMT
All,

  I've got an annoying problem (customer is annoying, not POI): I'm
getting a spreadsheet that has several different date columns. Some are
"date" formatted, and using isCellDateFormatted() works just fine.
However, they're also using excel's "custom" formatting and applying one
of the date masks on some of the cells. isCellDateFormatted() does not
return true in this case, probably rightly so. In this case, the
"visual" value in the cell is "December 31, 2005".

  So the question is: Is there a way to retrieve that visual value using
poi? Not sure if this type of thing is possible, but thought I'd ask.

Thanks a lot.

Marc