poi-user mailing list archives

From "Gascoigne Thomas" <gasco...@AXXIA.com>
Subject RE: WordDocument not reading Word Docs....
Date Fri, 26 May 2006 10:05:52 GMT
Are you using poi 2.5.1? I had similar ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
for larger documents containing formatting fields such as indexes. My
initial tests of poi 3.0 alpha have not given any errors as yet. The
2.5.1 javadocs quote:
org.apache.poi.hdf.extractor.WordDocument:
This class contains the main functionality for the Word file "reader".
Much of the code in this class is based on the Word 97 document file
format. Only works for non-complex files.

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael J. Prichard [mailto:michael_prichard@mac.com]
Sent: 25 May 2006 20:21
To: poi-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: WordDocument not reading Word Docs....

Hello.

All I need to do is extract the text from Word docs.  Here is what I am
doing...

        String f = new String("C:\\test\\attach\\0-Team Member Handbook
4-26-05.DOC");
        WordDocument wd = new WordDocument(f);

I get the following error:

Any ideas?

-Michael

P.S.  I am running it with Java 5 (1.5 update 6)

The information in this e-mail and any attachment is confidential.
It is intended only for the named recipient(s). If you are not a
named recipient please notify the sender immediately and do not
disclose the contents to another person or take copies. Although
Axxia Systems has taken every reasonable precaution to ensure
that any attachment to this e-mail has been checked for viruses,
it is strongly recommended that you carry out your own virus
check before opening any attachment, as we cannot accept
liability for any damage sustained as a result of software virus
infection. Axxia Systems reserves the right and senders of
messages shall be taken to consent to the monitoring and
recording of e-mails addressed to axxia.com.