poi-user mailing list archives

From "Gascoigne Thomas" <gasco...@AXXIA.com>
Subject Problem with indexes
Date Wed, 17 May 2006 11:00:31 GMT
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows about a problem with index fields
defined in MS Word files. They look like { XE "index entry"}} within the
document when you show all formatting. I am using a text filter which
uses the POI api underneath to extract text from MS Word files. When
such indexes are present, large sections of the text are lost. Any
thoughts would be welcome. Thanks, Thomas

The information in this e-mail and any attachment is confidential.
It is intended only for the named recipient(s). If you are not a
named recipient please notify the sender immediately and do not
disclose the contents to another person or take copies. Although
Axxia Systems has taken every reasonable precaution to ensure
that any attachment to this e-mail has been checked for viruses,
it is strongly recommended that you carry out your own virus
check before opening any attachment, as we cannot accept
liability for any damage sustained as a result of software virus
infection. Axxia Systems reserves the right and senders of
messages shall be taken to consent to the monitoring and
recording of e-mails addressed to axxia.com.