poi-user mailing list archives

From OL <olim...@gmx.net>
Subject poi: serial letter xls
Date Thu, 18 May 2006 00:26:48 GMT
Hi there!

in short:
=========
How can I force POI to add a nice Excel-Header
in my POI-created Excel-document?

8FIB
Excel.Sheet.8

why:
====
I use POI to create and write data to Excel-documents.
In Word you can use such Excel-documents as "databases"
to create serial letters.
Unfortunately Word (in different versions) does not
recognize any serial letter column in my Excel-document.

BUT when I open the Excel, simply push save and close it again,
Word now just works fine creating a serial letter with
my Excel-document.

The difference between the POI-created Excel-document and
the additionally saved one is, that the latter one has a nice
Excel-header which contains:

8FIB
Excel.Sheet.8

With this header Word will recognize my POI-created
Excel-document as a serial letter database.

thanx for any hint!!

Oliver Leimig