poi-user mailing list archives

From Dale Monti <dmo...@linoma.com>
Subject Excel values and rounding?
Date Thu, 04 May 2006 16:40:10 GMT
Hi,
I am reading a spread sheet and I am using NumberRecord  - getValue() I
get a value of 0.021419999999999998. However in Excel the value appears as
0.02142000000000000000000 , after I increased the decimal positions.

Is there any way in Excel to show the non-rounded number?

Or
Should I be doing something else with an ExtendedFormatRecord or
something? Maybe something that tells me to round to the 5th decimal
position.

My user claims I am reading it incorrectly, so I either have to prove to
them what the actual number is or do some type of rounding.

Thanks