poi-user mailing list archives

From "Donahue, Michael" <michael.dona...@pearson.com>
Subject RE: HSSF has not 'HSSFRowllStyle' to set row style?How to set row sytle?thanks
Date Wed, 17 May 2006 15:02:32 GMT
I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for or not.  If this isn't what
you are looking for perhaps you could post a commented version of you code
that show where you're having you problem...

HSSFCellStyle style = workbook.createCellStyle();

style.set ... ( ... );
style.setDataFormat(HSSFDataFormat.getFormat("dd-mm-yyyy"));

cell.setCellStyle(style);

-----Original Message-----
From: Birendar Waldiya [mailto:bwaldiya@cisco.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 7:29 AM
To: 'POI Users List'
Subject: RE: HSSF has not 'HSSFRowllStyle' to set row style?How to set row
sytle?thanks

Hi Gurus ,

Can any one give me some pointer , that how POI decides a particular field
is a date field or
A number ??/

Because I am facing a problem of following
 While reading a excel file
I have a column in which I give date - initialy it reads as date no issues
now I try to change the date format to some say from  say dd-mon-yyyy to
other format dd/mm/yyyy & save it , now this never reads this date as date
but number
Unless I delete the column and re- enter the date

Needed pointers  urgently .
Thanks
Regrads
Birendar S Waldiya