poi-user mailing list archives

From Laura Wehrwein <buggz...@yahoo.com>
Subject Problem with special characters in generated HSSFWorkbook
Date Wed, 31 May 2006 23:11:35 GMT
Hello.  Our application utilizes POI and jXLS to create a  HSSFWorkbook.  When a user copies
text from a Microsoft Word  document containing special characters (e.g. double quotes, single
 quotes, etc.) into our application, the characters are not displayed  correctly in the resulting
Excel file.  I have already tried  setContentType and setCharacterEncoding on the HttpServletResponse
 object.  Does anyone have any additional ideas on correctly  displaying these special Windows
characters?

  Thanks in advance for your help.