poi-user mailing list archives

From "Kalle" <kalleba...@gmx.de>
Subject removeSheetAt -> manipulated content. Basic use case!
Date Tue, 09 May 2006 22:34:49 GMT
Dear list,

here's another basic use case, which is causing me some bad headache.

Use case: I am editing a workbook containing multiple sheets with cross
references (sheets referring other sheets). I need to delete some of these
sheets. The deletion will not interfere with any reference, i.e. a
referenced sheet will not be erased.

Problem: When I delete a sheet using workbook.removeSheetAt(someIndex) the
sheet references on all following sheets end up manipulated! Example: A
reference like "=DataSheet(3)!A1" would end up "=DataSheet(2)!A1". Deleting
the last sheet of a workbook works just fine.

Apparently there are some sheet-index based references which aren't updated
when deleting sheets. I've seen some reported (and very old) bugs on this,
but no solutions.

Does anyone have a nice workaround for this? Any secret patch out there? I
have tried the 2.5 and the 3.0 versions without success...

Regards,

Kalle