poi-user mailing list archives

From Sumit_Mac...@external.mckinsey.com
Subject RE: FW: I am stuck
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 14:17:59 GMT
Sarvesh,
        Copying the formats is also possible... in your case, it would
need a lot of work since you will have to first get..() the format / style
from the source, and then set..() it in the target..

look at following URLs:
http://jakarta.apache.org/poi/apidocs/org/apache/poi/hssf/usermodel/HSSFCellStyle.html
and
http://jakarta.apache.org/poi/apidocs/org/apache/poi/hssf/usermodel/HSSFDataFormat.html

getCellStyle(), setSCellStyle() methods can be used for Styles..

org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFCellStyle.getDataFormat() returns you
the DataFormat index.. which you can use to set to the target cell's
format.

hope this helps...

Regards,
Sumit Machwe

Sarvesh.Kumar@ubs.com
04/05/2006 09:45 AM
Please respond to
"POI Users List" <poi-user@jakarta.apache.org>

<poi-user@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
RE: FW: I am stuck

But is there a way to copy across cell format and formula which are
getting lost.

Regards
Sarvesh