poi-user mailing list archives

From Matthias Hader <mha...@macciato.de>
Subject Re: How to insert image in a Excel Sheet
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2006 12:08:55 GMT
hi bina,

i tried it long time ago and used 2 methods i found anywere in the
www, this should work

private static HSSFPicture createPicture(HSSFWorkbook workbook,String
sheetName,String imageFile,int dx1,int dy1,int dx2,int dy2,short
col1,int row1,short col2,int row2){
         //Create the drawing patriarch.  This is the top level
container for
         //all shapes. This will clear out any existing shapes for
that sheet.
         HSSFPatriarch patriarch = workbook.getSheet
(sheetName).createDrawingPatriarch();

         HSSFClientAnchor anchor;
         anchor = new HSSFClientAnchor
(dx1,dy1,dx2,dy2,col1,row1,col2,row2);
         anchor.setAnchorType( 2 );

         try {
             return patriarch.createPicture(anchor, loadPicture
( imageFile, workbook ));
         } catch (IOException e) {
             // TODO Auto-generated catch block
             e.printStackTrace();
             return null;
         }
     }

     private static int loadPicture( String path, HSSFWorkbook wb )
throws IOException{
         int pictureIndex;
         FileInputStream fis = null;
         ByteArrayOutputStream bos = null;
         try{
             fis = new FileInputStream( path);
             bos = new ByteArrayOutputStream( );
             int c;
             while ( (c = fis.read()) != -1) bos.write( c );
             pictureIndex = wb.addPicture( bos.toByteArray(),
HSSFWorkbook.PICTURE_TYPE_JPEG );
         }
         finally{
             if (fis != null)