poi-user mailing list archives

From "Knaan Ratosh" <krat...@axismobile.com>
Subject RE: problem with HSLF slides and RichTextRuns
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2006 18:21:03 GMT
Thanks.
1. I opened a bug and attached an example, and also I know what the
problem is - the order of the slides is wrong when the order of writing
the slides is not 1,2,3.., but, for example 1,3,2...

2. I will check the options you mentioned

3. After Yegor's mail, I tried what he suggested and managed to see the
connection between the slide and the images inside it. Some of the
images did not match the slide they were in, but this might be due to
the slides order problem, or a problem in my code.

-----Original Message-----
From: Nick Burch [mailto:nick@torchbox.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2006 5:17 PM
To: POI Users List
Subject: Re: problem with HSLF slides and RichTextRuns

On Thu, 6 Apr 2006, Knaan Ratosh wrote:
> 1.	The order of slides is wrong when using slideShow.getSlides();.
> I read in the mailing lists that other people encountered the same
> problem too, and that there were some fixes for that also. But I'm
still
> getting it wrong... any idea when someone will put the fixes?

Are you using a build/checkout from the last few days? If so, can you
upload a problem file to bugzilla, so we can try to figure why it's
wrong.

> 2. The RichTextRuns are divided in a wrong way somehow. Meaning a text

> that is located in one line, with the same styling, is split.

If you delve into the depths of the TextPropCollection, I expect you'll
discover that they're subtly different.

Call _getRawParagraphStyle() and _getRawCharacterStyle() on them to get
the TextPropCollections, and I suspect you'll find a difference in what
you get back.

> 3.  I would like to know what pictures belong to what slide. Is it
> possible? (I didn't find a way to do it) if not, when will this be
> possible?

I don't believe it is currently possible. It should be fairly easy to
implement, once we know how powerpoint matches pictures to slides. Until

we know that, we can't code the functionality!

Nick