poi-user mailing list archives

From "Mac Bhyat" <m...@unibase.co.za>
Subject Java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError org/apache/poi/hssf/usermodel/HSSFWorkbook
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 08:31:40 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to use the poi sdk in Java running on Linux and when I run my
program and create an instance of the workbook class, I get the following
error

Java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError org/apache/poi/hssf/usermodel/HSSFWorkbook

my java run command line is the following:

java -classpath /home/mac/java/classes/poi-2.5.1-final-20040804.jar -jar
mac.jar

So I have specified the correct classpath - why can it not find it ???

I am using jdk 1.5.0.06 running suse linux 10.1

I have read this might be security issue, but I am not sure how to fix

On windows xp running java 1.5 - this works fine

any ideas ?

Thanks

Mac