poi-user mailing list archives

From abdul shaikh <shaikh_abdulb...@yahoo.com>
Subject HSSF Problem saving Excel File with Macros using HSSFWorkbook
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2006 07:12:17 GMT
Hi,
             I have an excel file which contains macros. I am trying to save this excel file
with some modifications like inserting some text in cells and changing color of cells.
             When I do the above on an excel file without macros it does it correctly but
when I try with one containing macros the resultant file gives the error

  Source Excel File: DataBook.xls contains macros. Opens properly.

  Destination Excel File: DataBook.xls. Does not open correctly.
  Error: "Unable to read file"

  I am using org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFWorkbook code shown below.

  HSSFWorkbook  wb=null;
  POIFSFileSystem fs=null;
  FileOutputStream dataFileOut = null;

  fs = new POIFSFileSystem(new FileInputStream( importDirectory+ "\\" + DataBook.xls));
wb= new HSSFWorkbook(fs);

  dataFileOut= new FileOutputStream(importDirectory+"\\" + DataBook.xls);
wb.write(dataFileOut);
  dataFileOut.flush();
dataFileOut.close();

  Please let me know if anyone has the answer to this problem.

  Regards,
  Abdul