poi-user mailing list archives

From Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>
Subject Re: Is PPT Merging possible with HSLF
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2006 12:02:03 GMT
Hi

No, you can't do it for now. HSLF is young and evolving project and
the described functionality is not implemented yet.

HSLF already knows how to get list of slides for a PPT, read shapes contained within a
particular slide and read/edit/add a limited set of shape's properties.
Actually it is what I've been implementing last months.
Copying of simple shapes (TextBox, Line, etc) to another PPT seems not
difficult to me. I can't give you an example right now but if
everything is OK a demo can be expected in a month or so.

It won't work if your source PPTs contain complex shapes (Tables or custom curves
which are described by  an arbitrary set of points). These guys are in
my TODO list but my hands are always full and I can't say how soon I
will proceed to them.

Regards, Yegor Kozlov