poi-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Noll <dan...@nuix.com.au>
Subject Re: getStorageClsid()
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2006 23:13:25 GMT
jwang@dicarta.com wrote:
> In other words,
> new POIFSFileSystem(stream).getRoot().getStorageClsid().toString()
> should always return a bunch of 0s.
>
> Note that there is a PropertyTable(start, blockList) that appears to
> generate better stuff, but that is a local variable in
> POIFSFileSystem(InputStream) perhaps the bug is that it should be\
> assigned to the class variable instead?

Actually, it turns out the local variable is a property table which is
gradually copied into the one held in the instance variable.  When I
tried assigning directly to the instance variable in that location, I
got an error when it tried to add child elements which already existed.

The real problem is probably that the recursive processProperties()
method only processes the children and below.  That method *does*
manually set in the class ID for the directory nodes, it's only the root
which doesn't get it set (which is where it is almost always needed.)

I suppose a slightly better solution than my workaround would be having
processProperties() start from the root.  But the problem is, the
PropertyTable() constructor automatically adds the root node all by
itself, so it would need a setRoot() method perhaps.

Anyway, I've put this in Bugzilla, Bug 39056, with a nice workaround patch.

Daniel

--
Daniel Noll

Nuix Pty Ltd