poi-user mailing list archives

From Eli Spizzichino ...@javanet.info>
Subject Re: Create Excel worksheet from CSV automatically
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2006 22:33:01 GMT
Hi sue yi,
First, if your code already write csv file with few line modification
can write directly xls files with POI.
Second I didn't saw an already made utility function for this.
You can read the csv file line by line, StringTokenize it and  make a
simple iteration over the result tokens to populate the HSSFCell value.
If you need to manage them in some way I advice you use an already made
  CSV (and other) parser like sourceforge.net/projects/pzfilereader to
not reinvent the ...

regards
Eli