poi-user mailing list archives

From Eli Spizzichino ...@javanet.info>
Subject HSSFFormulaEvaluator problem testing
Date Mon, 13 Mar 2006 20:20:33 GMT
Hi again,
unfortunately I have some problem using HSSFFormulaEvaluator.evaluate()
I can't manage to get CellValue object back. here the stack trace:

      [java] Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException:
CELL[5,1]: B6  formula: SUM(B4:B5)null java.lang.NullPointerException
      [java] 	at testpoi.getFormulaValue(Unknown Source)
      [java] 	at testpoi.main(Unknown Source)
      [java] Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
      [java] 	at
org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFFormulaEvaluator.internalEvaluate(HSSFFormulaEvaluator.java:281)
      [java] 	at
org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFFormulaEvaluator.evaluate(HSSFFormulaEvaluator.java:181)
      [java] 	... 2 more

I attach a simple test case program that follows pretty much the
org.apache.poi.hssf.record.formula.eval.GenericFormulaTestCase.genericTest()
but simplified can someone take a look?
thanks in advance
Eli