poi-user mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@torchbox.com>
Subject Re: HSLF: "Paragraph style ran out before character style did"
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2006 11:03:18 GMT
On Mon, 6 Feb 2006, Daniel Noll wrote:
> The interesting thing is that if I comment out these lines, I get the
> rest of the slides with no apparent problem... it seems to fix every
> situation where the error occurs and doesn't seem to deprive me of any
> text content.

Ah, but you will get all sorts of problems if you try to read any of the
text out including their formatting :)

Can you attach a single page PPT file that does this to bugzilla? It seems
that my assumption that character styles wouldn't cross paragraph
boundaries isn't correct, so I'm going to need a test file while I figure
this pesky new discovery out....

> So at the moment I think I'm going to leave this commented out, but I'm
> not sure if that would be the right thing to do in the POI codebase
> itself. :-)

If you're just extracting plain text, you're fine to leave it commented
out for now. If you're interested in the character or paragraph formatting
of any of your text, then you'll hit problems that that exception is
warning you about :)

Nick