poi-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Can't read SQL server generated excel file
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2006 22:30:12 GMT
That means the length of the BOF record was wrong for BIFF8 and it was
shorter in fact.  That virtually means it is an
Excel 95 file (biff7).  Otherwise you'd have gotten a header error.  If
it were a later biff it would at worst be longer (but there is no actual
newer version of biff).
We don't do Excel 95.  When you resave it, it resaves it as Excel 97+
format.